Saturday, May 7, 2016

I'm Not A Conservative

Although conservative is very close to what I am. I agree with most tenets of conservatism, but there are a few with which I do not agree. So in all conscience, I cannot call myself a conservative. What I AM is a “rational individualist.” I make my own decisions, in all things. Neither am I an Objectivist (capital “O”), for the same reasons. I agree with most of the tenets of Ayn Rand's “Objectivist philosophy because it's based on common sense and logic. But there some with which I disagree. I AM an objective philosopher. One of those is her complete rejection of all things religious. I believe there is an “intelligence” out there somewhere, that created and organized this complicated universe. I'd be a fool not to. But I am not sure about what form it takes. Is it a God? I don't know. But it seems to me that something with the intelligence needed to order this complicated universe wouldn't give a damn if I “worshiped” him/her/it. I believe it is not the business of politicians to dictate my life, and that is what runs my life. I believe in morality, and I practice it. That does not mean I want to dictate what others do, or think. If that offends you, too bad. That's what I am. (Just common sense)

No comments: