Wednesday, August 29, 2018

It's Way Too Much

I realize that John McCain was many things, to many people. And I appreciate that even more people want it to SEEM like they liked, and respected him, even though they may have disagreed with him on many issues. I’m the same. I respected him as a man who was “up front” in all things, and made no “bones” about it. I also believe it was tragic, the way he died. But no more. I won’t pretend that I “revered” him, as many do. That being said, I think the news media, including Fox, are making way too much of the “outpouring of sympathy” at his passing. I think most of those people who claim to have “revered him,” even if disagreeing with him are not serious, and should not be given a platform to express this false sympathy. Such intensive attention to his passing is usually only reserved for presidents or former presidents. Even if he was as important as they say he was, keeping the attention on him for so long, and so intense, is way over the top. I think McCain himself, would agree. Right now on Fox, I’m looking t a procession of people walking up to his coffin, touching it, and walking on, in perfunctory fashion. Wasting television time for that’s going way too far. (Just common sense)

No comments: