Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bill O'Reilly Is Out

Fox has made it official. BIll O'Reilly will not be coming back. He will not even be able to have one last, “farewell” show so he can say goodbye to his fans. All because some woman CLAIMED he sexually assaulted her (with no proof, that I've seen), and several other women who saw an opportunity for a payday followed suit. It's a real shame a man's life can be ruined by the UNSUPPORTED WORD of one woman. I think subtle sexual misconduct should be punished, but not with NO corroborating evidence, and based on somebody's UNSUPPORTED WORD. One time when I worked for Avis Car Rental, I actually got accused of sexual misconduct, and the details were impossible to prove, or disprove. But they had to take it seriously, and I was under suspicion for a time, until it just “faded away” because there was really nothing to it. The worst part is I was never told who MADE the accusations so I could face my accuser and actually ANSWER the charges. They weren't true, but I never had the chance to demand PROOF that I could disprove. I don't know—maybe there IS proof on O'Reilly. But it has never been made public, so O'Reilly could disprove them. They were ASSUMED to be true, obviously. Fox actually paid out millions of dollars without even ASKING O'Reilly, and made an unilateral decision to ruin him. I don't know who is going to replace him, but I hope they can get ratings anywhere near his. (Just common sense)

No comments: