Monday, September 14, 2015

DIA Changes It's Mind

Chic-fil-A will be there, after all. Denver International Airport (Where I used to work, I hate to admit) originally told Chic-fil-A they couldn't locate a restaurant there because the City of Denver (who owns DIA) had “concerns that it would generate corporate profits that would fund and fuel discrimination.” That is driven, of course, by the owner's very verbal Christianity and their opposition to gay marriage. Of course, the idea that this is “discrimination” is only in the minds of the Denver City council, which effectively runs DIA. It is only “discrimination” because THEY have DECLARED it so. Frankly, I don't think politicians have the RIGHT to DECIDE what is, and what is not “discrimination.” They have no business interfering with business because of their own bigotry. I have been a Chic-fil-A customer for a long time. Their food is good, and I will be one of their customers as long as I live. I especially like their “ripple fries.” That was what drew me to them in the first place. And they've never tried to recruit me to any “Christian organization.” In any case, they didn't change their minds because “sanity prevailed,” but because they feared an expensive lawsuit when they were warned that refusing a business on the basis of political prejudice would be “a one-way path to a successful First Amendment lawsuit.” They never should have admitted their real reasons They should have lied to us as politicians usually do. Then they might have gotten away with it. (Patriot Post)

No comments: