Thursday, February 28, 2019

Fighting For Your Faith

I don’t necessarily believe the same things as the management at Chic-Fil-A does. I have my own beliefs, and I don’t need to defend them against anybody. They are my beliefs, and nobody has the right to “take me to task” because of them. Chic-Fil-A famously closes their fast-food stores on Sunday, so their employees can rest, and, if they so choose, worship their God. That is their right, and I wouldn’t think of criticizing them for it, even if I may have different beliefs. The “sports writer” who tried to institute a boycott of Chic-Fil-A because of their “carry it on your sleeve Faith” is a fool if he thinks he has any chance, at all, of hurting Chic-Fil-A through his actions. The numbers prove it. Chic-Fil-A has continued to grow, in spite of efforts to hurt it. They gave up millions of dollars in revenue by closing during the super Bowl because it was on a Sunday. But that is their right, too. They are still one of the top fast food franchises in the country, maybe the world, and are still growing apace. That must frustrate that sports writer. Maybe he should just concentrate on writing about sports, and leave politics to those with a little more intelligence. (Off the Wire)

No comments: