Thursday, September 27, 2018

You Can't Escape It!

I’m trying my best to escape seeing and hearing the “side show” going on in the Senate this morning. Christine Ford did actually show up, in spite of the fact that not all her demands were met. I don’t want to sit through all the boring back and forth between senators, lawyers, representatives, and those “testifying.” I will get the essentials, later. But even Rush Limbaugh is streaming the hearing live. I’m pulling my hair out! I refuse to watch ANY of those “dog and pony shows” they put on in DC. They’re mostly to let the senators and representatives preen before the cameras, anyway, with no substance coming out. Anything of substance that comes from these hearings usually comes from meetings of staff before and after the hearings, anyway. So there’s no point in allowing yourself to be bored by watching the hearings, themselves. And that includes just listening. I’ve got batter things to do. (Just common sense)

No comments: