Thursday, September 6, 2018

Expensive Dog and Pony Show

For the last several days I’ve had the sound turned off on my TV because all that is on, on any station I normally want to listen to has been showing something that should be run live only on stations where people WANT to rabidly watch lawmakers preen and pontificate before the television cameras, PRETENDING to be doing something real in supposedly “questioning” a Supreme Court nominee. I look at all the various people sitting behind those lawmakers in that hall and think of all the money that is being paid to these government employees to sit there and listen to Senator Foghorn bray for three or four days, asking the same questions over and over, trying to get a different answer once, so they can claim the victim lied. Yes, we should be ALLOWED to watch such proceedings. ALLOWED, not FORCED, as we seem to be today, with the same thing being carried on all the news channels, instead of real news. Yes, I’m interested in the RESULT of this dog and pony show, but as with sausage, I don’t need to be forced to watch it being made. (Just common sense)

No comments: