Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What's Wrong With Gay Marriage?

Not a damned thing. If men want to marry other men and women other women, that's okay with me. Assuming they need my approval. What I don't want them to do is destroy the meaning of the word, “marriage” by using it to describe their unions. They can call it anything they want, EXCEPT for “marriage,” as far as I am concerned. But they aren't satisfied with that. They've been offered it, and they have refused, insisting on using the word “marriage.” And it's THAT to which I object. Not to them legalizing their unions. But they won't accept that. If I oppose them, they swear I'm against gay marriage itself. Not a bit of it. They're entitled to legalize their “unions” if they want, and get all the rights attendant thereto. But NOT the use of the word, “marriage.” As long as they insist on corrupting the meaning of that word, I will oppose them. (Just common sense)

No comments: