Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stop Criminals From Suing Victims!

Linked below is a Bill that MIGHT be now before the SD legislature. I can't tell from the posting. But similar bills should be before ALL legislators, and be passed expeditiously into law so as to disallow ANY suit against the VICTIM of a crime by the CRIMINAL. I think any criminal who decides to commit a crime and gets hurt doing it should be forever stopped from filing a suit against the VICTIM of his crime. The commission of a crime should be FOREVER a bar to suit against ANY party to the crime on the victim's side. Current law does not, for the most part, bar such suits, and that is a travesty, since the CRIMINAL, if he is injured by the VICTIM in self-defense, sometimes can sue and get damages. Personally, if a criminal attacks me, I WANT to hurt him, and I'll NEVER pay damages, whatever a court might say. (South Dakota Legislature,)

No comments: