Saturday, September 6, 2014

Texting While Driving

What kind of STUPID does it take for somebody to take his/her eyes off the road so they can send or read a text message? This is a problem I never thought would become a major problem, because I thought people were too INTELLIGENT to do such a thing. But I was wrong. And I can SEE I was wrong every time I get on the road and see somebody with a cell phone in their hand, not paying attention to their driving. Recently, I was hit head-on by a woman who had her cell phone in her hand, who destroyed my car. This kind of thing is INEXCUSABLE. Recently, a woman was IMPALED by a 3” pipe that was part of a fence after taking her eyes off the road to read a text message. That split-second of inattention nearly cost that woman her life. And what about anybody who might have been in between her and that fence? Why do people DO such stupid things? I have no answer for that except to say I make a point to stay away from people I see on the road with their cell phones in their hands. I want to stay alive a bit longer/ (Just common sense)

No comments: