Friday, May 3, 2019

Rebooting Roseanne

I've never liked Roseanne, regardless of her politics. But I still think it was a stupid move to cancel her show because of her politics. Canceling the Roseann Show cost ABC a bundle of money. Not only in lost revenue from sponsors, but in the fact that the hundreds of people employed to do the show all have contracts forcing them to pay them for the entire 13 show run, whether or not it goes. So now they rebooted the show--without Roseann, of course. they want to reboot it with one of the other characters in the title role, They polled the people involved, and they're mostly all interested. My question is this: Will it last beyond two or three episodes before they find out of won't work? (It didn’t). ABC made a big mistake in canceling the show because of Roseann's silly Tweets, because she was acting like a Trump supporter. I guess canceling it was a "knee-jerk response" that they did before they thought about it, and now they're trying frantically to recoup. I doubt seriously if it's going to work. Why? Because everybody knows who Roseann is. Who knows who that other gal is? I certainly don't, especially since I don't watch that show, anyway. I still think it was a stupid move to cancel it because of her perceived politics. Just as it was a stupid move to cancel "Last Man standing" because of the perceived politics of it's star. That show was taken up by another channel and is a ratings leader. (The Blaze)

No comments: