Thursday, April 21, 2011

lPhone Tracking You

How would you like to be carrying a device that can track your every move, and tell anybody who wants to know, where you’ve been, and how long you stayed there, since you bought it? Yes, BOUGHT it! Your iPhone does that now, according to a researcher who has found a hidden file on your iPhone that does that, and you can’t turn it off, even by turning the iPhone off. You didn’t ask for this, and you weren’t asked if you wanted it. One lady, I presume she either works for the government or Apple, says the main problems are that you didn’t “opt in” on this, and that it is not encrypted. Not so. The biggest problem is that nobody ASKED you if you WANTED to “opt in,” and you can’t turn it off! Talk about “Big Brother!” there are many things we do that we might not want unauthorized people to know about, and this is a complete violation of privacy. What the hell was Apple THINKING when they created this abomination? Word is that it is also on the iPad. Update: They're now saying you CAN turn it off. Only problem it will still be recording your every move and that info will be available to those who know how to access it. (The Blaze)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about that on the news this morning. What's the matter with people??? What presumption! What arrogance!! Fortunately, I do not have a fancy phone.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: You must be watching the right news. I don't either. And if I go somewhere I wouldn't want people to know about, I leave my phone at home.