Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Compact Florescent Fraud

THE COMPACT FLORESCENT FRAUD: There’s a growing body of evidence that that the compact florescent bulb is NOT the “environmental savior” its proponents have led us to believe. Even to the point where the United States government is FORCING us to use it by BANNING the making or use of incandescent bulbs, which have served us admirably for many years. That CFL bulb can explode without warning, subjecting all in range to the effects of the Mercury poison within it and even start a fire. Electrical smog can form around these bulbs, and they should never be used in places without adequate ventilation. When they break, they can emit far more Mercury than their promoters tell you about. This report should be read by ANYBODY who is convinced they should use them BEFORE they make a final decision about their use. (The American Thinker)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one break on me and saw a poof of 'stuff' come out of it. That was the last time I used the damned things. They are poison and I have probably now been poisoned.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: You have if you breathed in any of that powder.

Anonymous said...

How would I know if I breathed in any? It happened so fast. I probably inhaled with surprise when it broke.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: Believe me; you did. The question is, did you take in enough to give you some serious trouble. If you asked the EPA what to do in a breakage case they'd recommend about $3,000.00 worth of "cleanup" work. Mercury poisoning is not a good thing.

Anonymous said...

The question is how long would it take to give me trouble? I am fine right now.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: You may or may not have trouble right away, or maybe not at all. Depends on how much you inhaled. Further, Mercury poisoning is very subtle and can be mistaken for many other things. You're probably okay, only being exposed to one bulb exploding. But I'd definitely ask my doctor about it at me next visit.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea.