Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm Getting Tired Of It!

I’ve been spending most of my time since I retired, writing about the evils of what our politicians are doing to us and NOBODY is listening. Oh yes, they listen to what I say, read what I write, and tell me what a good (or bad, in they’re liberals) thing I’m doing. Then they go out and wash the car or go to a movie and do nothing at all about it. I’ve written two books about it, and sales have not even begun to equal the cost of promoting their sales. I tell people their politicians have CREATED the high oil prices by keeping our oil companies from drilling ANYWHERE the U. S. runs things while our current president gives away BILLIONS of our (taxpayer) dollars in Souh America to help finance THEIR oil drilling, telling them we’ll be their best customer. This is the kind of thing our politicians are doing with out money. And they’ve LOST $125 BILLION dollars in just the last year to incompetent management or corruption. And that’s only a 16% INCREASE over last year! I tell people these things and they say “Oh, well. Ain’t it awful?”

And then go home and build some model trains or pursue other time-wasters while their own politicians are ROBBING THEM BLIND! Frankly I’m getting tired of spending most of my time trying to wake people up and being IGNORED. I won’t have to live through most of the next few years; I’m in my seventies. I’ll be dead (I hope). But my children will, and my grandchildren, and my great grandchildren. I don’t want that, but it WILL happen, due to the APATHY of people who don’t pay attention to politics and thus elect people like Barack Obama, Barney Frank, Bill Clinton, and others who have stolen from us under the guise of HELPING people. When are we going to learn to PAY ATTENTION to what our politicians are doing to us and DO something about it? I’m very happy to see SOMEBODY (The Tea Parties) beginning to wake up, but so far their efforts have been feeble and not enough. Our own MEDIA lies about them and belittles their efforts.

Some even say the Tea Party's new magazine is “worse than the al Qaida magazine." Even REPUBLICANS try to “take them down” because they see the threat to their own little fiefdoms. The shooting of congresswoman Giffords in Arizona was speculated to be because of things the Tea Party said. Obama likens ALL criticism of his policies (which are EVIL) to “racism.” He never details HOW that criticism is racism, he just SAYS it. He hates ALL “rich people” (except himself and his friends, of course) and wants to tax them unmercifully to pay for all his “flights of fancy” masquerading as “helping people.” I’d better start hearing a lot more about people actually DOING something. I’ve “shot my wad.” Somebody else had better start doing something because I won’t be around forever. Not even for very long. Don’t be afraid to speak out because if you don’t, “you’ll just be feeding the crocodile, hoping he’ll eat you last.” (Ronald Reagan)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. People seem brain dead. At the same time, many of us are so busy trying to make ends meet that we have little time to fight big government.

Did you join the Tea Party? That is something I am investigating and thinking of doing if it will help with anything. I am not sure my joining will actually help change anything, but could be worth a try.

Are you sick? Your post makes it sound like you are at death's door. Hope you are not.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: "Death's Door?" I don't know if I am or not. I keep getting weaker and weaker and sleeping more and more. Maybe that's a medicine interaction. But I hope to be around for a while, even so. Liberals wish otherwise. I'm one of the early supporters of the Tea Parties and a Charter subscriber to their magazine. You can't "join" the Tea Party. It's not that kind of thing. You CAN join groups under the "umbrella" of the Tea Parties and attend meetings the same. There's also the "Freedom Connector," which will tell you about many things going on in your area to which you can attend and network with others of like mind.

Anonymous said...

Ok. Thanks.

Glad you're not dead.