Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poems In Zoos

The federal government continues to excel when it comes to finding wasteful and stupid ways to waste taxpayer’s (YOUR) money. The “Poems in Zoos” plan is one of the most outlandish. The government has spent $11.5 BILLION dollars on such foolishness just this year. Another example is giving Las Vegas $5.2 million to build the “Las Vegas Boneyard Park and Museum,” to gather and display old Las Vegas neon signs that have been replaced when Las Vegas upgraded and improved its appearance over the years (such items usually end up in the junk yard at little expense to YOU) . Then there’s the $515,000 they gave the University of Santa Cruz to digitize Grateful Dead memorabilia. This is what the government spends your money on, at a time when it is BANKRUPT. (CNS News)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and when we demand our bloated government cut the fat the first thing they start hollering is how we will not like cutting Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security. Those programs do not need to be cut. It is wasteful crap like mentioned in this thread that needs to be cut. When O ran for office he promised to go line-by-line and cut all the crap out of government spending. Still waiting.....

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: that's the con. when pressure to cut costs becomes intense, they threaten to cut NECESSARY costs while ignoring things like "poems in zoos." When O makes a promise you can bet he's lying. What else is new. Don't wait on him to keep ANY promise.

Anonymous said...

Too bad Obama does not read this blog, and other similar blogs. I think he is surrounded by yes-men. Or, more likely, he just does not care what we think.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: You can bet his "yes men" DO. even if he did, HE just doesn't care. He would just want to put me in jail. I'm just hoping enough intelligent people like you do, to make even a little bit of difference.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: The same thing happened to me in the sixties when they beat Goldwater with many lies. I didn't "pay attention to politics" until Clinton got elected twice. That I woke up from my long nap.

Anonymous said...

I voted in the presidential election and still got Obama. It made me sick. At least I saw results from my last voting experience where we dumped a s--t load of Dumocrats. Maybe I am a teensy bit encouraged.