Saturday, October 30, 2010

Typical Response: Ban It!

Yes, people talking on cell phones while driving IS a problem. I, myself, was a victim of a woman who turned left in front of me while talking on a cell phone. She hit me dead center and totaled my car, doing minor damage to hers. But the solution is not to punish EVERYBODY. The solution is to apply harsher penalties to those at fault in accidents proven to be involving people EITHER talking on cell phones, or texting. Thus punishing the people RESPONSIBLE, not everybody. There are situations where talking on a cell phone, at least for a few moments, is necessary. Naturally, a FEW people take advantage and spend HOURS driving with a cell phone screwed into their ears. But BANNING any cell phone use while driving is not the answer. Especially not doing it by bureaucratic dictat. (The Blaze)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't they check the cell phones of the person causing the accident and see if they were on their phones? I think it is easy to do. If they were on there cell phones when they caused the accident, they should be severely punished. People need to learn to be RESPONSIBLE!

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: Even if they don't work that hard, somebody will see them on the phone, as I did in my own accident. But nobody listened to me.

Anonymous said...

I know. I've been hit 3 times by idiots on cell phones. They totaled one of my cars.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: I've only been hit once, and that totaled my car. Her insurance company (Progressive) said I was 40% responsible because I was going to go straight in a turn lane. I asked him if his crystal ball told him that.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL!! Yes, it is well known that psychics work for Progressive.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: Psychics and lizards.