Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Political Correctness: Censorship

I get "talked to" on a regular basis about political correctness because I don't buy that fiction. I call a bum a bum, not a "homeless person." This is what is said about political correctness in an article on the "Fried Brains" blog: "Political correctness is linked to cultural Marxism in that it seeks to impose a uniformity of thought, speech and behavior on people and is therefore totalitarian in nature. The politically correct are afraid of the truth and personal responsibility; it is far easier to lie to themselves and blame others. They have actively promoted the terms sexism, racism, and homophobic, etc, to the world. If these terms were not promoted so much, I doubt we would have such resentment today. By promoting these terms through politically-correct policies, they have created an environment where it is easier for people to blame by crying the words sexist or racist [Name-calling -RT], etc, instead being responsible for themselves." Sexual harassment, for instance, can be charged on the unsupported word of one woman who gets to define what sexual harassment is. It's very subjective. If I were to want to change the Constitution, I would make a simple article against "subjective laws," or laws that can be defined by the so-called "injured party" or even the person enforcing it. That means someone gets to create a violation by simply defining the act as a "violation." Political correctness is simply a way to prevent people from offending others by their words. The last I heard, the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States prohibits such things. It is not against the law to "offend" somebody. I make it my business to offend as many liberals every day as I can. (Philip Atkinson,)

No comments: