Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's Just Backwards!

When you call a number that goes to a computer, you always have to "Press 1 for English" before you can go any further. It happens every time I call my phone company or the Cable company to discuss my bill, and it's just backwards to the way it should be. People who want to talk in ANOTHER language but English in an English-speaking country ought to be the ones who have to "press 1." I get tired of having to do it to speak the language of the country in which I live. If you're tired of it, too, you might want to support the Alexander English Amendment (H.R. 3093), to prohibit EEOC from spending funds to sue organizations for demanding their employees speak English at work, as they did to the Salvation Army. "However, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD), and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) have ordered that negotiations be indefinitely halted because they oppose allowing the Alexander English amendment being included in the CJS bill when it is sent to President Bush. This is dirty politics at its worst!" Is there ONE bill that Americans want that Pelosi and Reid will not try and kill? Way back when I was in security, I worked for a while in the Post Office, where where an old Spanish man "gave me hell" because I did not speak Spanish. Apparently, he thought it was a law that federal employees must speak Spanish. What a "can of worms" THAT would open up, as people of all different languages demanded equal treatment. Does anybody speak Swahili? (Eagle Forum)

No comments: