Sunday, December 9, 2007

America Doesn't Offend Americans

In Broken Arrow, OK, school "authorities" remove "God Bless America" signs from the schools because they fear than might "offend" someone. So what? That offends ME. In Long Island, NY, Channel 12 News orders flags removed from the lapels of reporters and red, white, and blue ribbons from the newsroom. Why? Management didn't want to appear "biased" and felt that our nation's flag might give the appearance that "they leaned one way or the other." Seems to me they ought to "lean one way or the other" when it comes to respecting the symbols of our country. If they don't, some day, the Islamic terrorists will kill them. In Berkeley, CA, they banned the displaying of U. S. flags because they didn't want to "offend anybody." I am "offended" by such actions, so what are they going to do about that? Or do they care about what offends me? Do they only care about what offends people who have come here to live, but want to bring their own culture along with them? If I were to move to, say, France, to live, I'm going to learn the French language and I am not going to demand that the French cater to my needs and learn my language in order to deal with me. I am going to become as "French" as possible so as to not inhibit my own life in France. I personally don't care what "offends" immigrants who come here to live. This is America, and if they come here to live, they'd better learn how to be Americans and not demand we cater to them, because most of us won't. Those who do are ignorant. Every word out of my mouth offends someone and every word that goes on one of my blogs offends someone. That's the plan, because my blogs support truth, and some people hate the truth. It "offends" them. I couldn't care less. (Daily Mail)


No comments: