Tuesday, July 13, 2010

George Steinbrunner Is Dead

That’s it. That’s all I’m going to say about it while the media (including Fox News) talks about it for a week, until we get tired of it. The media (including Fox) obsesses over things on a regular basis. Yes. His death is important because he was an important man. But it doesn’t require a WEEK of stories about every little thing they can uncover about his life. We’re not interested in how many times he went to the bathroom in his life, or many other trifles they will come up with to fill time. He’s dead. He was 80 years old. That’s it. That’s all that’s important. When I die (and I’m 73 years old this year) it won’t even merit a mention on the news. My family will probably even have to PAY to have my obituary appear in the newspaper (If they want it). The difference? A few billion dollars in net worth, I suppose, and the fact that I don’t own a major league baseball team. But I don’t mind. They obsess over many things. This is just the one they’re obsessing over today. This is the last thing I will say about it. (MSN)

No comments: