Monday, March 2, 2009

Paul Harvey is Dead

I just heard it announced on Fox. I have been a steady listener to Paul Harvey for more years than I like to admit. I was afraid of this when I heard of the death of his life-long companion, his wife, “Angel.” As often happens in such a wonderful marriage, when one goes, soon goes the other. I was listening to him the day I wrote my very first article for “Timely Tips Magazine,” a three-part report called, “YOU Are YOUR OWN Opportunity.” That’s the problem with getting old. All your heroes die before you do. Earl Nightingale was another of my heroes and he died years ago. I still live by the principles he taught me, and always will. Another is Ayn Rand, with whose premises I did not always agree, but whose philosophy of “Objectivism” probably affected my life more than any other. I’ll miss them all. But there will never be another Paul Harvey. (Fox News)

No comments: