Monday, March 2, 2009

Newspapers Folding All Over

They want us to believe it’s because of the “economic slowdown,” but it’s not. Not entirely, anyway. Last week the “Rocky Mountain News” (A hundred year old newspaper) went out of business in Denver, Colorado. Soon the Seattle Post-Intelligencer” (where did they GET that name) will likewise fold. The venerable “New York Times” is going down that same road, as are other newspapers all over the country. One cause of the failure of newspapers all over is the liberal drivel they’ve been spouting for too many years. People are just getting tired of it. Of late, I’ve only been buying the “Rocky” for the comic pages. I haven’t read a word otherwise for years--and I don’t even buy the Denver Post, except for the Sunday edition which contains the TV listings. I throw the rest away unread. I get my news from sources on the Internet that I trust (including blogs). They’re “out of touch” with American values, and have been for some time. But another cause is that they are the “buggy whip makers” who went out of business after the invention of the automobile and more of them are going to fold in the future as people begin to depend on more than the “printed word” for their news. Some people say they just don’t “feel right” looking at a computer screen instead of reading something they can hold in their hand. I’m sure there were people back then who would rather hold a whip in their hand instead of pushing a gas pedal. They were just as “behind the times.” (Just common sense)

No comments: