Thursday, March 5, 2009

Denver Zoo Runs on Animal Poop

A little-known source of energy powers a great deal of the Denver Zoo. Animal poop. They run it through their system and burn it to make power. I wonder how much power they use up, running it through their system. Is there a power plusage? Or does it cost more in power to run it through their system than it creates? I don’t know. The television special about it didn’t say. Even when the TV reporter ate some of it (by accident, I hope), they didn’t say. they also didn't say whether or not they used human poop. (KVDR 31, Denver)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what kind of poop is the most efficient - is panda poop more energy-packed than panther poop? Which poop pollutes least? most? Do they pool their poop, or just process whatever poop is available?

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: I think they even use HUMAN poop from employees and visitors. Poop is poop. I don't think one is more powerful than another. Actually, it's a good idea. Poop usually is a problem to get rid of, and this makes it worth money. I'm just sorry it was liberals who came up with the idea.