Sunday, November 9, 2008

Looking for Something to Tax

Liberals are always searching for something to tax, and New York Mayor Bloomberg (who wants another term in spite of term limits laws) is proposing from five to seven cents tax on every plastic bag you get at the grocery store. He sees the proliferation of plastic bags and wants to make money from it, as all liberals do. Yes, I know he's a Republican. But he's a "Republican in name only" (RINO) and WAS a Democrat until it became impossible for this millionaire to run as a Democrat. He "bought" the election, much like Obama did the national election and now wants to buy yet another term. He doesn't need the money (he probably has more money than New York City), but he likes the power, as do all liberals. I've seen the plastic bags that collect in my basement and wished I "had a nickle for each one in the city" but I'm not a politician so I can't "make it happen." (N Y Daily News

No comments: