Thursday, November 27, 2008

Drabble HAs it Right

One of the things I don't like about living in a Republic (although I wouldn't want it like in a dictatorship) is the "endless elections," and it's getting worse. This last presidential election came close on the heels of the 2006 congressional election, with several local elections in between. There was not a SINGLE DAY in between where we did not have to suffer lying political ads and political signs all over. At one point, I saw an Obama sign across the street from my home and McCain sign next door. I'm not sure how that affected relations between neighbors, but I'm sure it did My own nephew voted for Obama and I'm trying to help him see his error (if he will read what I send). Drabble's Nov. 4 cartoon shows it "like it is." (Drabble)

No comments: