Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Law Will Cause Mercury Poisoning

This is a good example of how liberals just don't think things out when they con even the best Republicans into "banning" something in favor of something that's going to cause some illness and death. You've all heard about mercury poisoning from the bans on catching fish that have it in their meat. But now after a Bush administration law, promoted and passed by a liberal-dominated Congress (with little GOP opposition), we will soon be FORCED to buy those dangerous compact fluorescent light bulbs to use in place of those old, reliable incandescent bulbs which have harmed no one. This small fluorescent bulb, if broken, can cause instant illness in those who breathe its mercury vapors. Other parts of the government say you should call Hazmat if you break one and even DOCTORS don't know what to do if you come into their emergency rooms with mercury poisoning. For my part, I own ONE such bulb, and when it dies, I will not buy another if I have to import all my incandescents after this stupid law goes into effect. Hopefully, I won't live long enough for it to matter. (Rush Limbaugh)

No comments: