Friday, May 31, 2013

People "Relieved of Their Duties"

Every time somebody is caught doing something wrong in government, particularly somebody of high office such as the president, they tell us about the “lower level people” who have “been relieved of their duties” over the scandal. A senator (who shall remain nameless) wrote me a form letter recently in response to mine asking about Benghazi, telling me that “four people have been relieved of their duties” because of the Benghazi scandal. But as usual, he did not name them, nor tell me what they’re doing now, or where they are. I think they’re either fictional or have just been transferred to a different station (I don't think he's knowingly lying, I think he believes this fiction). In any case, I’m sure none of them lost a day of pay.

I don’t know of a single “low-level employee” who was actually FIRED over something like this unless they had already arranged for a “soft landing” in the private sector. This is one of their standard scams when they get in trouble. They tell you all about those who were “relieved of their duties,” hoping we’ll believe they have been punished. Often times they are quietly PROMOTED. Or simply transferred and continue to work for the government Meanwhile, nothing in the letter answered the questions I posed. That’s another scam. Send out an answer (a 50,000 word essay) that does nothing to answer the questions asked and just obfuscates the issue. Then there is the "paid vacation." They keep doing these things, thinking we don't notice. (Just common sense)

No comments: