Wednesday, March 4, 2020

"Shut Up, Doc!"

Liberals are putting pressure on doctors to ask their patients if they have a gun or guns as part of their “work-ups.” This, they have no right to do! The medical profession can try and make “gun crime” a “medical problem” all it wants, but it’s not. And asking their patients if they have guns is NOT part of their “medical history,” no matter how much the anti-gun fools want it to be. What I’m going to do if my doctor asks me such a question is tell him it’s none of his business. If he persists, I’ll find another doctor. I assume part of it is that the doctor will tell someone if he gets a positive answer. that’s an invasion of privacy and a violation of medical ethics. I also presume that, if this question becomes common, soon the politicians will want to make truthfully answering that question mandatory, with punishment to be added if the patient lies or refuses to answer. Things like this are usually “one step at a time,” with this being the “first step” toward doctors letting the politicians know, by law, if their patients have guns. (Boston Herald)

No comments: