Thursday, March 26, 2020

Politics Is Violent

Now more than ever. One of the things I’ve always felt confident in is my ability to say what I wish in a free society. I used to put bumper stickers on my car about the things about which I felt strongly—until one day some fool “egged” my car because of the “A Is A” sticker there. Somebody who obviously knew about Ayn Rand’s philosophy but disagreed with it. That ended my putting stickers on my cars. I still freely gave my opinions, but kept the knowledge of what I was thinking confined to my writings without letting the “average person” know in public. But at the time it was a small thing to me. Today it is a lot more important to keep my opinions out of the public eye locally. That’s because I don’t want to be physically assaulted by some young fool for my opinions because they don’t agree with theirs. I’m now in my eighties and such an assault could be fatal to me. That’s why you’ll never see me wearing a “MAGA” hat, even though I’m solidly in President Trump’s corner. I just don’t want some damned fool liberal to see it and beat my head in because of it. (The Blaze)

No comments: