Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Alternative Self-Protection

With all the stupid anti-gun laws liberals (and some conservatives) make, sometimes it’s impossible to be able to carry the means to self-defense, a gun. In fact, some people even feel uncomfortable doing so. There is an alternative: the stun gun or pepper spray. “The basic idea of a stun gun is to generate a high-voltage, low-amperage electrical charge that has a lot of pressure behind it, but not that much intensity. When you touch the stun gun on any part of an attacker’s body and hold the trigger, the charge passes into the attacker’s body. Since it has a high voltage, the charge will pass through heavy clothing and skin, yet the charge is not intense enough to do long-term damage to the attacker’s body unless it is applied for extended periods of time. If you use the gun for a second, the attacker will feel a painful jolt that will startle him.

"If you zap him for two seconds, he will experience muscle spasms and become disoriented. And if you zap him for more than three seconds, he will become unbalanced, fall on the ground and lose muscle control for 15 minutes to an hour. Attackers who are high on drugs or out of their mind may keep coming at you despite any shock to their system. That is when you zap them again.” These devices work. And they can give you that precious “spit second” while an attacker is disoriented to get away. I’m 74 years old. I was attacked by a man on the street who took offense to my shaking my head at his silly driving antics and jammed my car to the curb and came at me with “blood in his eye.” He reached through my car window to pull me out of the car and beat the hell out of me and I zapped him with my 800,000 volt cell phone-looking stun gun. The last I saw of him, he was standing in the street, wondering what just happened, as I drove away. Think about it. (Personal Liberty Digest)

No comments: