Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Big Brother" Is Here!

In Houston, TX, the police chief wants to put cameras in private homes. That’s to supplement the thousands of video cameras they have planted everywhere to monitor what you do, outside your home. I just bought a new computer and it has a camera lens, aimed right at my face. Do we have the technical capability to allow the “authorities” to activate that camera without my knowledge and spy on me (This actually happened recently when a school activated the cameras on school issued computers and were even watching students disrobe. Yes, they were school-owned computers. But could they set up computers you buy to do the same thing?)? I’m putting some black tape over it. I don’t know. If this makes me sound paranoid, I don’t care. If they’re really trying to get you, there’s nothing wrong with being paranoid. Until recently I would have discounted even the suggestion of such a thing. But with recent happenings, I can’t. (Musicians 4 Freedom)

No comments: