Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Secondhand Smoke "Not A Problem"

The World Health Organization financed a report some years ago that didn't say what they wanted, so they killed it within one day. They wanted it to back their claims that "secondhand smoke caused cancer," but it didn't. Now there's a new report out, published by the Heartland Institute, that says the same thing. But I'm not worried about them "killing" anything. WHO is still selling the "secondhand smoke" scam, as hard as they can, in spite of the facts. Yes, "secondhand smoke" can be unpleasant for those who hate the very smell of smoke, but it is no danger to them or their families. This report was published in the "Environment & Climate News," a publication of the Heartland Institute and is based on REAL science, not the "junk science" used by the "anti-smoking Nazis. I quit smoking 20 years ago. Not because I believed this crap they're spewing, but because I just "got tired" of smoking. I quit as easy as that. Smoking is NOT "an addiction" unless YOU believe it to be. It is a HABIT, and easily broken if you have the backbone. I quit with a half-pack in my shirt pocket. It stayed there until it crumbled to dust. So don't give me any jazz about "having more will power" than others. Anybody can quit if they REALLY want to. If they try to quit to please somebody else, they'll fail. (Heartland Institute)

No comments: