Friday, December 13, 2019

Hate Speech Hysteria

Facebook has deleted a quite from St. Augustine as racist. Here is the quote. See if you agree. “Let us never assume that if we live good lives we will be without sin; our lives should be praised only when we continue to beg for pardon. But men are hopeless creatures, and the less they concentrate on their own sins, the more interested they become in the sins of others. They seek to criticize, not to correct. Unable to excuse themselves, they are ready to accuse others.” From what I can see, and I am intelligent, what this quote says is, “Shut up about others’ faults until you get rid of your own.” There is nothing racist about this quote, and to impute racism into it is stupidity beyond imagining. Facebook is really going out of its way to facilitate phony racist charges. What their purpose is, I don’t know. I do know they are eroding their customer base, as people leave their platform for other platforms, and they eventually go broke. Admittedly, I do have a Facebook page, but I rarely ever go there, and I don’t rely on Facebook, in any way, to get my message out. (Legal Insurrection)

No comments: