Saturday, September 20, 2008

So What?

So what If Sarah Palin fired a member of her cabinet for being insubordinate? She has that right! She is the GOVERNOR! They serve "at her pleasure!" Maybe it WAS over his refusing to fire her former brother-in-law "for cause" or because he wouldn't follow her orders on his budget? From what I've seen, it's a wonder this guy (the cop) lasted as long as he did! What's the big deal? Frankly, if I were a state trooper, I certainly wouldn't want to anger the governor, whatever state I was in and ESPECIALLY if I was related to her. You just don't DO that. Not if you want to keep your job. If you're the slightest bit intelligent, you don't threaten to make the governor's father "eat a bullet" and not expect to get fired (or even go to jail). (Weekly Standard)

No comments: