Sunday, September 21, 2008

Partisan "Bickering"

Politicians everywhere decry "partisan bickering." But isn't that why we have more than one party? Should we have only ONE party and so "end" the "partisan bickering?" Sounds a lot like a dictatorship to me. It amazes me that politicians are able to convince so many people that "partisan bickering" is a bad thing in politics. I think it is a "good thing," and often keeps some politicians (liberals, mostly) from enacting things that are patently bad for us. I say "Hooray for partisan bickering" between politicians!" In fact, I am FOR a Congress that is a "do nothing" Congress because then no new taxes get passed, no new "pork barrel" measures get passed, and they (somehow) spend less of OUR money. The big difference between a politician and a "drunken sailor" is that the drunken sailor is spending HIS own money. (Just common sense)

No comments: