Saturday, September 13, 2008

Domestic Drilling Won't Help for 10 Years!

That's the Democrat mantra. But they're wrong, as they are in most things. Just the SUGGESTION that we were going to be able to drill domestically contained in the president's opening of domestic drilling by rescinding the presidential ban (even though the Congress ban still exists) caused oil prices to drop like a stone, and at this writing, they're STILL dropping. I wonder what will INSTANTLY happen to oil prices if Congress likewise removes ITS ban on most domestic oil drilling. Even announcing we are going to drill in ANWR will cause oil prices to drop even faster. And when we DO start domestic drilling, I say we should not sell a single drop outside the United States. You don't walk three blocks to a grocery store to buy bread when you have a cabinetful of it at home. Use what WE have. Let the Saudis and other Middle-East oil barons sell their oil to those who USED to buy from us at a greatly reduced price. (Just common sense)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're completely and 100 percent wrong. But good that you've bought into the oil and gas industry's rhetoric.

Ray Thomas said...

It's amazing how people can anonymously tell me I'm wrong, but they can's tell me HOW I'm wrong, and are afraid to leave their names. I haven't "bought into" ANYTHING. I "pay attention" and I'm capable of logic and reason.