Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chuck Norris on Gov. Palin

Yes, I know; he's "just an actor" and I've said many times that being an actor and thus famous is NOT a qualification to be a political pundit. But Chuck has many times proven that he IS a lot smarter politically than all thosae "Hollywood type" celebrities who think their celebrity makes them qualified to speak on politics. When Chuck Norris speaks, I listen. I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says (as I don't agree with everything said by anybody), but in this, he is very right. He details why he likes Gov. Palin and, if not for her choice of a VP nominee, he would be "going third party." Which would have "wasted" his vote. Desperation is the only reason I can see for him to do that. I've even toyes with it, but I haven't found any third party I thought could win. And I don't want to "throw away" my vote. Chuck says, "All joking aside, one real fact about Gov. Palin is that both Sens. Barack Obama and Joe Biden are shaking in their boots [They wet their pants at the sound of her name. -RT] over her candidacy and prospective appointment to the vice presidency. Obama talks about change, but McCain further lived out his commitment to reform with his choice of Palin to be his running mate. Obama chose government-as-usual Sen. Biden. McCain chose Washington outsider and corruption confronter Gov. Palin." I agree that Sarah Palin has "reenergized" the Republican Party, which was showing signs of going the way of the Whig Party after Lincoln was elected. She may be the reason McCain is actually ELECTED, and may even be the next president after him, either by his death in office (which is very possible) or by being elected as many VPs do after "their president" has his "time at bat." I don't wish anything bad for McCain, but I'd feel a lot better if Sarah was "standing behind the president" than Joe Biden, who is simply another political hack. Another thing: I think Sarah can help "keep McCain 'in line' " if she's "standing at his shoulder. She'd see to it there was not another (unconstitutional) "McCain-Feingold" law passed. (Chuck Norris)

No comments: