Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Somebody Needs to Pay

And it's NOT "the gun." Remember that TSA officer who was killed at the Los Angeles Airport? He didn’t have to die. He laid there bleeding for more than a HALF HOUR before para-medics were ALLOWED to treat him. Yes, I know; the “authorities” hadn’t yet declared the area to be safe. But as a former para-medic, I know they would have gone in and done what they could even if the shooter was still putting bullets in his dead body. There’s no excuse to allow a man to DIE because the area was not yet declared “safe.” They should have MADE it safe as soon as possible. As with one situation I was mixed up in one time in West Palm Beach (FL) where a man was allowed to die because my ambulance was not the one serving the “zone” in a city that demanded ONE AMBULANCE in each zone. I was on my way BACK to my zone after delivering a patient to a hospital ONE BLOCK into the next zone. I could have saved the man’s life, but they wouldn’t let me because I was in the “wrong zone.” I went to the city after that and got the rules changed to allow the senior medic on the scene to order a patient transported regardless of “zones” and the bureaucrat in charge of emergency medical services fired. This situation is just as bad, and is foolish. It led to this man’s death. The senior medic on the scene should be able to treat a patient on his own responsibility as soon as HE thinks so.. (Mail.com)

No comments: