Sunday, December 21, 2008

There's No Recession in Congress

"Hypocrisy: With workers losing jobs by the millions and taxpayers forced to rescue banks and car makers, how does Nancy Pelosi's Congress show it cares? By giving themselves a big pay raise." They certainly don’t have to worry about unemployment, or even having to live on the same amount of money the rest of us must live on. A “newly-minted” congressperson makes $167,000.00 a year. I’ve been a “skilled worker” all my life, and I thought I was “doing okay.” But compared to them, I’m a piker. They SAY they “care about the poor,” but there are no “poor,” compared to “poor” in other countries. Such as the one in which one of Obama’s brothers lives, where he must live on one dollar a day (Or was that a month. I’m never sure). The “poor” in other countries would KILL to be as “poor” as people in this country, who have their own homes, color TVs, cars, air conditioning, garbage disposals, dishwashers, etc. (IBD Editorials)

No comments: