Saturday, December 20, 2008

That "Twenty Percent"

I’ve never been in debt, my whole life. I don’t do credit cards and the only credit I have ever done is to buy a car and once, my first IBM compatible computer; all of which I paid off promptly. Now I have bad credit, and it’s ALL due to the 20% of hospital and doctor bills Medicare won’t pay, leaving it to me at a time when I can’t work and don’t have any money. Who the hell designed this system, anyway? I’ve been on Social Security and Medicare since my first stroke, because after that, I couldn’t work more than one or two days a week, if that. After my quadruple bypass, it got worse. Then they came up with that equally badly-designed medicine program that is MANDATORY. I refused to sign up for it for two years, so they signed me up anyway, and tried to “fine me” for not signing up. Of course, when they have paid for $5,000 worth of medicine, their “donut hole” then leaves me on my own until I’ve spent another $5,000 for medicine (somehow). Who designs this crap, anyhow? The hospitals and doctors gaily charge me $300 for a band-aid and equally overcharge me for everything they do, then bug me and threaten me with lawsuits if I can’t pay what they’ve already overcharged me for. They think I have assets they can levy on. I don’t have ANYTHING but an old car and an equally old computer. They’re going to waste their money trying to sue me. I don’t think they planned on that. (Just common sense)

No comments: