Thursday, September 28, 2017

"Don't Attend the Game"

One arrogant NFL player sneers, "If you don't like us not standing for the National Anthem, just don't come to the game." Apparently, he doesn't know on which side his bread is buttered, and if I was his team owner I would have him benched for life. If he gets paid by the number of games he plays in, so be it. When his renewal came up, I'd offer him $100.00 a week, and if he refused, he could go wherever he pleased, otherwise. Or I would have made a rule saying if he didn't stand for the National Anthem it would be A termination offense because he is causing me to lose more than he is worth. I would not be violating his freedom of speech, because he is hurting my business by not standing, and he is, in the final analysis, an EMPLOYEE, who is subject to the employment rules I make. Only the government is bound by the Constitution not to penalize him. I am not. And I would penalize him everywhere I could. And for future players there would be a "catch-all clause" in their contracts saying if they did ANYTHING to damage the team, they could be summarily fired. (American Thinker)

No comments: