Friday, February 28, 2014

American Flag "Offensive?"

AMERICAN FLAG “OFFENSIVE?” An apartment manager is banning American flags ANYWHERE within the complex because it would “offend” some people (Muslims, of course). His city says they can’t do anything because this is private property. Banning the American flag offends ME. But he doesn’t care about that; I'm not a Muslim. I care. This is OUR country, and it’s OUR flag. You can bet they won’t ban THEIR flags in other countries (particularly those under Sharia Law) because it might “offend” Americans. I'm getting real tired of ignorant people who "knuckle under" to Muslims because what they do might "offend" them. Especially on such things as the flag of our country. "I understand that in some condo complexes and gated communities that there are restrictions on certain things– such as needing permission to install a flag pole. I don’t agree with this particular restriction but if you join a community and you agree to abide by the rules and one of those rules is a restriction on flagpoles that is just the "way it goes." I would not join such a community under any circumstances. I will NOT allow ANYBODY to dictate what I may do on my property. As one commenter said: “If American flags offend you, don't come to America.” (America's Watchtower) No connection to any religion.

No comments: