Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bullying Isn't the Cause

Many people say students who have been bullied in school is the cause of so many school shootings these days. It is NOT. I was bullied when I was in grade school, and I never went out and killed a lot of people. The bullying continued right up to the time I took my father’s advice and fought back, showing the bully(ies) it would no longer be easy to bully me. Even if I lost, it still “sent a message” to the bully, who thereafter left me alone. And word evidently got around, because ALL the bullies left me alone after that, right into high school. I never had any trouble with bullies after that. The CAUSE is simply the sure knowledge there won’t be any guns in the school in the hands of people he might not expect to be armed. With schools being "gun-free zones," shooters are ASSURED nobody they don't know about (like the principal) might be armed and willing to “put a couple into them” while they're shooting the unarmed students and teachers. (Mail.com)

No comments: