Thursday, December 8, 2011

...And Again

I’m beginning to believe computers in general just do not like me. I’ve lost count of the many computer failures in the last few months. I think the one I’m using is the fourth or fifth recently. Yesterday my Internet went out, apparently because the plug-in USB Adapter failed. I bought a new one and installed it this morning. It seems to be working. Now all I have to fight with this particular computer is the lack of a properly working sound system I’ve been fighting since I got this computer. I can get computer generated music, and sometimes music from videos on the Net. Plus, I got words from people talking on videos, once. It was recommended I install Adobe Shock Wave, which so far has not worked. At least my Internet is back. Although this computer is acting up. I wonder how long it will last.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't computers grand....

Anonymous said...

Maybe the CIA is cyber attacking your computers. do-DO-do-do, do-DO-do-do. (Theme from The Twilight Zone.)

On the other hand if they did, I would not be surprised.

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: I doubt it. When I hear about massive sabotage on Rush's computers, or Shawn's or on Glenn Beck's, then maybe I'll start worrying about an attack on mine.

Anonymous said...

Good point.