Saturday, July 21, 2012

Spare Me! Please!

If I see the face of that guy who got shot in that movie theater in Denver (Aurora), Colorado one more time, I’m going to vomit! The news media “pounds it into the ground” every time something like the Aurora theater shooting happens, running the same pictures and stories over and over on every channel, time after time, for DAYS until we’re tired of hearing and seeing about it. They search out every tiny factoid they can find and then run that over and over again until it makes me sick. Yes, I know people lost their lives and others have had their lives sorely hurt. But that doesn’t give the news media a right to make us all sick of hearing about it over and over again to the exclusion of other news for days. It’s as if there isn’t any other news left in the world. One good thing about it, there are long stretches of time when Obama’s ugly mug doesn’t appear on my television screen, and for that I am thankful. I first noticed this tendency when Kennedy got killed. For DAYS there was nothing else on TV. They cancelled all shows and that’s all they ran. I’m sorry for the dead and wounded, but I’d really like to see and hear about something else for a while. (Just common sense)

No comments: