Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's All In The Name

I have nothing against gays doing what they do behind closed doors, as long as they do not try and force me into APPROVING or disapproving publicly, or as long as they do not try and teach my children and grandchildren (or anybody else’s) that “gay is ok; that it’s natural.” It’s not. It is the opposite of “natural.” But that’s okay. But gay activists want to usurp the NAME of “marriage” by changing the meaning of the word. I have no problems with gays forming unions similar to marriage so they can enjoy the privileges and rights of marriage. They have been offered these rights and privileges many times, but have refused, as long as the use of the word marriage is not included. This tells me they’re not after these rights and privileges, they’re after the NAME marriage. This, I will not allow. They can do what they want in PRIVATE, just don’t demand the redefinition of the WORD “marriage.” Their unions, no matter how binding they may be by law, can NEVER be “marriage." (Just common sense)

No comments: