Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Offended" By Christian Symbols

Many atheists want to get rid of EVERY vestige of religion in this country. They want to ELIMINATE Christmas displays of the Virgin Mary and Jesus on government property at Christmas time. They think the Constitution bans religion from anything government. It doesn’t. What it DOES do is keep the GOVERNMENT from dictating religion FOR you. That’s ALL it does. I’m not an atheist. I DO believe in a superior being, an intelligence that orders this universe, and which CREATED it in all its complicated glory. I'd be a FOOL to think otherwise. But my idea of what form this intelligence takes might be a bit different from that of adherents to various religions. But I don’t get “offended” when I see a symbol of somebody’s religion. It’s not my place to BE offended by such. The story linked below is about Christian symbols being banned from a CHRISTIAN church for fear of “offending” somebody. Last I heard there is no constitutional protection against being “offended.” I offend liberals every day. It’s what I DO. If it were illegal, I’d be in “deep doo-doo.” Nasty break. (Moonbattery)

No comments: