Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The end

Hey everyone, my name is Teresa, I am Ray's daughter in law. I am sorry to say that Ray has passed away on Jan. 26th. From what I gather, he passed peacefully. He lived a long life with many jobs but I think what he enjoyed most besides sign painting was writing his news letters and blogs.

He first did news letters, articles etc in the 60's and probably before that. It's one of the things I didn't think about asking until now. It's funny how we can spend our whole lives knowing someone and don't think about getting certain stories from them until it's too late, then all the questions pop up.

He loved sign painting, drawing especially for his news letters. He was an amazing artist. He spent his years as a son, a brother, a husband, a father and a grandfather. He had some hard times in his life (like most of us have) but he still had a full one and had a lot happy memories.

He at one time was an EMT and even raced cars. He did photography too, mostly shooting race cars. He was loved by many and I think he didn't even realize sometimes just how many people did love him and how he touched many hearts.

He was caring and was always there when you needed him. He would do anything for his family. He had a sense of humor too. He really loved his politics and I could often hear him yelling and cussing at the tv lol. Now our house is silent. Never thought I could miss hearing him do those things every day but I do. 

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read his blogs, getting his voice out there trying to make a difference was very important to him. He was a good man and will be missed terribly. Here is to the final farewell to his very long writings. May he rest in peace. The End.

 

No comments: