Friday, September 27, 2013

What Is A "Living Wage?"

Liberals define a “living wage” a lot higher than ANY companies can afford to pay people for untalented work. They’ve done this right along. Today they define it as something like $40,000 a year. I’d “dance for joy” if I EVER made that kind of money. Meanwhile they pay social Security recipients a FRACTION of that amount for them to use in “living.” I personally get about $800 a month. On that, I can’t even afford to pay RENT somewhere and I’m forced to live with a family member who charges me nothing. I've never taken welfare, but I may be forced to do so in the future. $40,000 a year is NOT “a living wage.” It’s a wage that can give people a life of LUXURY if they don't overbuy (which many people do). I used to think I was making pretty good money when I was making $15 an hour (back when that was good money). Imagine my surprise when I found out, according to the liberals in government, I was “in poverty.” (Then why did I have several color TVs, two cars and a truck, and a houseful of furniture, and plenty of food on the table, all paid for?) My daughter told me one day when she came home from school and got upbraided when she told us “we were poor,” according to what she learned in school that day.  People criticize Wal-Mart for not paying a “living wage” when they pay more, on average, than any other company, while selling their products at way low prices. That’s a load of crap! So when the DC Council passed a “living wage” law, allowing unnamed bureaucrats who have never run a business, to DICTATE how much a private company must pay their employees, they rightly scrapped plans for three stores in Washington, DC. (The Blaze)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy!! $800/month is certainly no living wage. I don't know how you manage. Good thing you have a family to live with. Glad you do.

MAN!! These letters we have to type to prove we are not robots are practically unintelligible all of a sudden. Today I have had to try at least 3 times for each post!!! What's the deal?

Ray Thomas said...

Anon: I don't control those words you have to type. I can't change them, nor answer questions about them. I have the same trouble.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I know you do not control them. I thought you might be able to pass it on to the site.