Friday, December 12, 2008

Protecting Islam and No One Else

"The United Nations General Assembly is considering passage of a resolution called 'Combating Defamation of Religion.' Angela Wu of The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty notes the resolution mentions only the protection of Islam -- and that is one of several concerns for her. 'Because it's protecting defamation against religion -- an idea -- rather than defamation against a person, it essentially controls what people can say about religion, which we think is ultimately quite dangerous to have the state moderate what people can and can't peacefully say about religious ideas,' she contends." This is becoming a trend; organizations and governments making provisions to "protect" Islam to the exclusion of all other religions. Now I have nothing against ANY religion. But I think ANY organization, even a completely ineffective one such as the United Nations, should make their "resolutions" apply to ALL religions if they take the trouble to make them. The UN has a bad tendency to "bend over and grab the ankles" for Islam these days, mostly because it is run by, and FOR dictatorships (some of them Islamic) all over the world. What they think they're gaining by making ANY "resolutions" like this I don't know. They have NO actual authority, anywhere that is not GIVEN them by their signatory countries. I certainly will not abide by ANY "resolution" they make. I am protected by the Constitution of the United States (so far). I will say what I think until someone puts me in prison for my words. That's what will be necessary to shut me up. (One News Now)

No comments: